very long deposition process time
Dry, and Oil Sealed
Reported Benefits Derived from DryScrub®
- Relative to dry pumps:
- frequent failures with pumps from various manufacturers, failed within 3
days to approximately 2 weeks, have been reduced to none in over 1
- wafer load losses due to particle caused failures eliminated for over
- exhaust side manifold maintenance, caused by particle accumulation,
reduced from 3 week intervals to 3 months.
- purge gas consumption reduced.
- Relative to oil sealed pumps, and filtration
Note: An oil sealed pump was installed after repeated dry pump failures,
and prior to DryScrub® System purchase. The DryScrub® unit was temporarily installed on the oil
pumped system, while awaiting a replacement dry pump.
- no pump in-process failures experienced during an approximate 1
- PFPE oil filter
maintenance reduced by a factor of 10.
- PFPE fluid losses significantly reduced to
make-up oil lost as a function of filter change.
- pump related maintenance reduced from >40
hours per month, to
<3 hours per month.>
- exhaust side manifold maintenance, caused by PFPE oil vapour and particle accumulation reduced.
- purge gas consumption, and gas velocity reduced, further reducing
PFPE oil vapour loss.
- Process Benefits:
- process tool availability-uptime greatly improved.
- process reproducibility improved.
- particle related wafer load losses decreased.
- significant reduction of particle count on wafers.
- Other Benefits Related to DryScrub® Installations:
- predictability of, and reduced maintenance events have
allowed re-direction of personnel to other fab
- treatment of undiluted deposition proccss
effluent gases results in hazardous and/or toxic waste reduction,
consequently reducing operating costs.
- personnel exposure to hazardous and/or toxic wastes is
- Return On Investment, Statement During
- relative to equipment related considerations, configured with a dry
pump, ROI was achieved within a couple of months.
- ROI is achieved very quickly, relative to
increased productivity; particularly, the reduction of one wafer load
loss more than pays for DryScrub® System purchase, installation, as well as
more than a year of operating costs.